Thursday, June 30, 2011

You win this round pothole!

I recently decided it was time for me and my Alfa Romeo to begin the separation process. I have had the juicy, oil smoking, sexy beast for just over 2 years and have enjoyed every moment I have driven her.

I have not witnessed any of the horror stories that seem to linger around the stylish Italian car giants reputation, which is quite surprising as I am not the best at looking after my vehicles.

The only gripe I have, and it is not completely the cars fault, it's mainly the state of the Kent roads which are now worse than ever. Living in the countryside means that potholes on the local roads do not tend to get fixed and more alarmingly the majority of the main roads are now being abused in the same way.

Now my Alfa Romeo's suspension can only be described as rock solid so you can imagine the pain both myself and the car feel when hitting a pothole. This has taken the fun out of driving my 147 and has pushed me into selling her.

Would I buy one of these cars again, yes. But if I did get a new Alfa Romeo, Kent would be one place I would not want to drive it!

If potholes are getting on your nerves try visiting www.potholes.co.uk where you can find useful info how to name and shame locations of the alloy cracking pests.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...