Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hollywood Dream Machines

With the recent announcement from Chrysler that 2012 will see the arrival of a new Dodge Charger SRT8, I started thinking of my all time favourite movie car, the 1968 Dodge Charger which Blade uses to slay blood sucking vampires in the horror trilogy.

This then got me thinking about other cars that have caught my eye in the world of film and television and instantly another American muscle car hit me, the 1978 Chevy Monte Carlo in Training Day. The use of the classic hip hop track Still Dre and the hydraulics make for one of my top movie scenes of all time. Another favourite has to be the Chevy 67 Impala which is used by the Winchester brothers to hunt demons in the popular American TV series Supernatural.

I don't know what it is with these massive lumps of metal from the US of A , it could be the black paint and chrome combination or the roaring gas guzzling engines that do it for me. Maybe it’s time I started looking at buying a used Dodge or Chevy to really fulfill my American dream.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...